Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
An Internet Bill of Rights:
Workshop Date: Wednesday, 1 November 2006
Workshop Time: 13:30-15:00
Venue: Divani Apollon Palace & Spa (Plato Hall)
New: Wiki for Workshop with speaker bios and more detailed info
â€œAn Internet Bill of Rightsâ€
The workshop will deal with creating an â€œInternet Bill of Rightsâ€ to articulate the global rights and duties of Internet users from the viewpoint of the individual. The workshop will focus on the process of creating such an instrument and address the following questions:
- What rights are fundamental to freedom in a digital world?
- What obligations are necessary to create a digital society based on rule of law and civil liberty?
- Who are the appropriate stake-holders in making policy determinations for the Internet and what is the role of government?
- How to negotiate between conflicting values in setting policy for the online environment?
- What special challenges and opportunities does the Internet provide to the quest for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?
- Ms. Daniele Auffray, Alderwoman for ICT, Paris
- Mr.Jose Murilo Junior from the Brazilian Ministry of Culture
- Mr. Fiorello Cortiana, Italian Green Party and Milano Provincia
- Prof. Stefano RodotÃ , Former Head of the Council of European Data Protection Agencies
Ms. Robin Gross, IP Justice Executive Director and Attorney
- Mr. Vittorio Bertola of ICANN’s At-Large Advisory Committee will moderate the discussion.
Centre for Technology and Society of Getulio Vargas Foundation School of Law, Rio de Janeiro
Italian Ministry of Reform and Innovation in the Public Administration