IGF 2006 Athens
The inaugural meeting of the United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was held in Athens, Greece from 30 October – 2 November 2006.
The four main themes for the 2006 UN summit were “openness, access, diversity, and security”. One of the main outcomes from IGF 2006 in Athens was the creation of a number of “Dynamic Coalitions”. Dynamic Coalitions are loosely tied groups of NGO’s, business, governments, academics, and IGO’s working together on a particular Internet governance issue.
IP Justice partnered with a number of other NGOs, governments, and tech companies to sponsor 3 IGF workshops in Athens:
More details on the IGF 2006 workshops on the IPJ wiki.
More information on IGF 2006 Athens:
- Official Website for IGF 2006 Athens
- IGF Secretariat Synthesis Paper on Contributions for Open Consultations (Feb 2007)
- IGF Secretariat Synthesis Paper for IGF 2006 in Athens
- Documents, webcasts, transcripts related to IGF 2006 in Athens
- IP Justice video clips from IGF 2006 in Athens
- IP Justice photos from IGF 2006 in Athens