Organizations in the US may sign the US declaration, and groups in other countries are invited to sign their nation’s campaign declaration. Anyone can add a banner to her or her website to promote the freedom campaign also.
In recognition of October 11, Freedom not Fear Day, many organizations in the United States set out the following recommendations:
- End Watch Lists, Fusion Centers and other data profiling programs that fail to comply with the full requirements of the federal Privacy Act;
- Affirm international human rights, including freedom of expression and privacy protection, so as to strengthen democratic institutions and protect the rights of individuals;
- Repeal the Patriot Act and other legal authorities that permit warrantless surveillance and unconstitutional monitoring and tracking of individuals;
- End the culture of secrecy that allows government officials to hide mismanagement, fraud, and incompetence behind the veil of “homeland security”;
- Establish comprehensive data protection legislation that will safeguard personal information and reduce the risk of identity theft and security breaches.
We are seeking sign on from individual organizations until October 11, 2008. Please send your endorsement to the following email address: katitza (AT) epic (DOT) org.
Endorsements will be published here.